Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, NetherlandsMarketing
Are you passionate about creating hard-hitting content and experimenting with multiple creative formats for different marketing channels, targeting markets across the world? We are looking for a natural-born creator with 3+ years of experience as a content marketer, preferably a (near) native English speaker living in or near Amsterdam. Are you looking for the next great step in your career, to expand your knowledge, and take your experience to the next level?
If you do, this might be an amazing opportunity for you!
About the role
As our company continues to grow, we are looking for a content marketer to join our commercial team at Nedstar - a fast-growing Dutch trading, import and export house specialising in bulk alcohol and ethanol. We prioritise quality, service, and sustainability, and our products are mostly organic and biological. Our content marketing strategy is central to our marketing activities, so you will play a critical role in fulfilling our goals.
While our marketing department has taken the first steps in terms of content marketing - including the creation of a decent website, blogs, a first video, and social media channels - there is much room for improvement, as you can read in this job description.
As a content marketer, you will be responsible for co-creating a creative content strategy that effectively promotes our brand, products, and services, engages with different global target audiences, services our clients, and drives traffic and leads to our website. You should be passionate about creating high-quality content in multiple formats and channels that resonates with our audience, as no idea is too crazy for Nedstar.
You will work closely with our ambitious, highly motivated, multinational team in a great office located in the city centre of Amsterdam.
What you will be doing
Working closely with the Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for managing and creating high-quality content for all types of marketing channels. This means that you must be highly creative and have brilliant ideas for creating engaging content, while also being able to (co-)create content yourself, in collaboration with external designers, web developers, writers, and SEO/SEA specialists. Depending on the task at hand, you should be able to create concepts and briefs, delegate work, and manage others to help bring your ideas to life.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing and executing a content marketing strategy that aligns with our marketing plan, business objectives, target audience, and brand voice for ethanol imports and exports.
- Creating a variety of content formats, including blog posts, social media posts, video scripts, infographics, email newsletters, research, white papers, and more, with a focus on the ethanol industry.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to ensure all content is aligned with brand messaging and positioning.
- Monitoring and analysing content performance metrics, adjusting the strategy as needed to improve engagement and conversions.
- Staying up to date on industry trends and best practices in content marketing and SEO within the ethanol industry.
- Managing content distribution channels, including social media, email, and website for ethanol-related products and services.
- Supporting our PR agency, commercial team, and other partners in the ethanol industry to expand the reach of our content.
- Conducting research to identify content gaps and opportunities in the ethanol industry.
What is in it for you?
Nedstar operates as a scale-up in a rather conservative commodities market and content marketing is relatively new in this market: you will be able to create a big impact. Only recently, we started to professionalise our marketing, so you will play a big part in shaping our marketing plans.
We believe people make Nedstar and we have a very enthusiastic and passionate team who work smartly to exceed expectations and we take incredible proud in taking care of our employees in all possible ways we can and give all the support to be their best selves, grow and develop as the company also grows and develops.
Some other benefits:
- You will have lots of autonomy and the sky is the limit: if you have a good idea, there is a high chance you can execute it. We also have the resources to do so.
- Nedstar is a multilingual, multi-national, global player: you will deal with lots of different markets: Europe, Africa, Asia, North/South America.
- We have a website, some blogs and social media channels, however we just started. There are many marketing channels and formats to discover!
- Our products are actually quite interesting: we source it globally from multiple origins like grains, sugar cane or fruits, we care about CSR and sustainability, and organically produced alcohol is a fast-growing market. There is a lot to tell!
- We foster your talents, giving you the space to grow and develop, and opportunities to learn, including pay languages classes, training courses and coaching.
- Extremely competitive salary package because we genuinely care about the person behind the role.
- Open, friendly, fun-loving company culture with experienced, enthusiastic colleagues happy to guide and support you.
- Regular fun social activities, including boat trips (we bought a boat last year for after work downtime) and amazing annual company trips (last year in Italy).
- Delicious and healthy free office lunches. A beautiful, centuries-old canal house offices on the Herengracht in the heart of Amsterdam.
- Flexibility in your work hours. So, if you like going for a run during office hours, we encourage you to do so. Because we believe your well-being is paramount if you’re to thrive and be at your best at work.
What are we looking for:
- HBO, Bachelor's or Master's degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or a related field.
- Fluent in English and preferably living in the Amsterdam area. Knowledge of a second language like French, Spanish, German or Dutch is a plus point.
- Demonstrated ability to create compelling, hard-hitting content that drives engagement and conversions in the ethanol industry.
- 3+ years of experience in content marketing or a similar role, preferably in commodities, trading
- You can create content yourself but most importantly: you know how to brief our writers and designers to do so.
- Experience with social media channels, SEO, a bit of SEA, familiarity with content management systems (we use Craft) and analytics tools (Google Analytics 4).
- Strong project management skills, experience with content plannings and the ability to prioritise tasks. We work in sprints on an agile way and preferably you have experience with this way of working.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Constantly seeking ways to improve things and outspoken with your positive suggestions.
- Enjoy providing excellent service to clients and suppliers and building lasting stakeholder relationships.
- A genuine NedSTAR: a flexible, adaptable team player and work-hard/play-hard go-getter.
If this sounds like your NEXT in your career path, please send me your resume at Alessia@nedstar.com