Junior Supply Chain Specialist I Dutch
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, NetherlandsLogistics
Have you just finished your education in Logistics and Supply Chain or have you already worked 1/2 years in logistics/supply chain and are very passionate about this field and you want to learn and develop more and more?
Do you speak Dutch and English? Can you thrive in a dynamic work environment? Where you not only develop new tradelines as you move ethanol around the world, but also embrace and bridge cultural differences to develop strong professional relationships with our customers and suppliers globally.
Join our growing and successful team on a full-time base!
What you will be doing:
Working in a team alongside experienced colleagues, you will be responsible for managing planning and logistics processes, such as matching purchase orders, production schedules and participation in S&OP processes.
You will liaise directly with our business partners, including producers, carriers, storage facilities and customers. Based on our producers’ expected production schedules, you will develop robust plans, continuously monitor progress, anticipate potential challenges and deal proactively with any problems that arise.
You will also play an active role in helping deliver on the Nedstar philosophy: continuously improving and optimizing our processes while delivering a high-quality service, and minimizing risks and costs. Moving forward is our way forward!
Who are we?
Nedstar is a fast-growing, globally-operating trading house with an ambitious and highly-motivated team. Specialized in bulk alcohol, we develop trusting relationships with our customers built on sustainable and ethical business practices.
Based in the heart of Amsterdam, our international multilingual team are focused on finding the best solutions and exceeding expectations. We expect to continue to grow significantly in the coming years, so we’re always looking for talented individuals to join and grow with us. We believe it’s people who make Nedstar what it is, and we’re proud to be a company that looks after its people in every way we can, and give them all the support they need to be their best selves.
WHAT WE OFFER
- We foster your talents, giving you the space to grow and develop, and opportunities to learn, including paid Dutch and other languages classes, training courses and coaching.
- Extremely competitive salary package because we genuinely care about the person behind the role.
- Open, friendly, fun-loving company culture with experienced, enthusiastic colleagues happy to guide and support you.
- Regular fun social activities, including boat trips (we bought a boat last year for after work downtime) and amazing annual company trips (last year in a beautiful agriturismo in Italy).
- Delicious and healthy office lunches.
- Beautiful, centuries-old canal house offices on the Herengracht in the heart of Amsterdam.
- Flexibility in your work hours (so if you like going for a run during office hours, we encourage you to do so. Because we believe your well-being is paramount if you’re to thrive and be at your best at work).
If this sounds like your ideal next step, we can’t wait to hear from you. Get in touch at Alessia@nedstar.com.
What are we looking for
- Recent graduate with an HBO (Bachelor’s) degree in Logistics looking to start your career. OR Someone with 1-2 years’ experience in logistics/supply chain looking for your next career step with the chance to grow and develop.
- Fluent in English & fluent in Dutch; working French or German is a plus point
- Naturally inquisitive; open and innovative in dealing with issues.
- A passion for solving logistical challenges; creative in planning and processes, and translating these into actions.
- An accurate, organised problem-solver who thrives on a varied workload, meeting deadlines efficiently yet thoroughly.
- Constantly seeking ways to improve things and outspoken with your positive suggestions.
- Enjoy providing excellent service to clients and suppliers, and building lasting stakeholder relationships.
- A genuine NedSTAR: a flexible, adaptable team player and work-hard/play-hard go-getter.